While you will certainly enjoy printing borderless, photo laboratory top quality publishes up to 8.5″ x 11″ your photo printing choices now increase to Full HD video. Full HD Movie Print turns your favored HD flick clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cams right into attractive picture prints. Make the most of Canon’s Wi-Fi printing technology as well as print pictures from suitable iPad, iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, iPod touch and Android tools. High-quality, simplicity of use as well as flexibility make the PIXMA MX420 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One an excellent choice for your home or small office. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you print and also scan from any kind of space in your home while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder means rapid copying, scanning and faxing of your originals so you could raise your multitasking.
make the Canon PIXMA MX420 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One an excellent choice for your house or little office. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you print and also scan from any type of area in your home while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder indicates fast copying, scanning as well as faxing of your originals so you can increase your multitasking. Additionally, Super G3 High-speed Fax as well as networkable Ethernet make sure reliable communication and also Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology indicates your duplicates will preserve the stability of the original. You can likewise make use of safety attributes like password secured PDF’s so you can really feel risk-free concerning producing and also dispersing your most personal data. You can likewise make use of computer-less printing via suitable memory cards, PictBridge as well as optional Bluetooth while comfortably seeing your pictures on a 2.5″ LCD.
The Canon Pixma MX420 produces crisp black message as well as suitable pictures considering its lowered print head resolution compared with other much more expensive Pixma designs. Scanning speeds are likewise healthy. On the unfavorable side there is just one paper tray which loads from the back (100 sheet capacity) and no duplex double sided printing option. The Canon Pixma MX420 utilizes the exact same cartridges as the MX410, the Canon PG-510 and CL-511 series of Inks. They do not have very much ink and have built-on print heads leading to greater replacement expenses. PG-512 and CL-513 higher capability versions are offered which might be better to re-fill. The only compatible cartridges available are ones that have been refilled.
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MX472 Download Driver
Canon PIXMA MX420 Review
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 4800 x 1200dpi
Monochrome: 600 x 600dpi
|Print Speed||Black: ESAT: 8.7ipm
Color: ESAT: 5.0ipm
4 x 6″ Borderless Photo: 42 seconds per photo
|Depth||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Skew||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||1/4800″ pitch, 2 picoliter, and 5 picoliter|
|Ink Type||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Ink Palette||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||1x Color (CL-211)
1x Black (PG-210)
|Input Buffer||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Printer Duty Cycle||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Print Archival Life||300 years|
|Printer Language||English, Spanish|
|Status Display||2.5″ LCD|
|Image Preview Display||Yes|
|Front Panel Controls||Yes|
|Power Requirements||AC: 100-240VAC|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||18.1 x 16.4 x 7.8″ (46 x 41.7 x 19.8cm)|
|Weight||19.3 lb (8.8kg)|
Canon PIXMA MX420 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|Canon MX420 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||22 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.02||31 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.01||18 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||37 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / Mac OS X 10.7||220.127.116.11||15 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||18.104.22.168||17 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.4/ 10.5||7.34.0||6.3 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6 / 10.5||17.7.1b||14 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.50||5.9 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.50||6.9 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ scanner driver source file||1.70||2.3 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Scanner Driver||1.70||3 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac OS X 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX For Mac (OS X 10.11 / 10.10 / 10.9 / 10.8 / 10.7||4.1.4||34 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.1.4||48 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.3||34 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows XP x64)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||4.1.3||46 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 User Manual (Windows)||1.20||15 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 User Manual (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.10||31 MB||Download|
|Canon MX420 User Manual (Mac)||1.11||31 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX420 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
Canon PIXMA MX420 Installation Manual
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX420
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX420 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX420 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX420 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.