The Pixma MX492 is a portable unit, so package isn’t very large or heavy. Unboxing, you’ll discover the MFP, power and phone cords, a set up CD that contains print and also scan drivers and also Canon’s MX492 Quick Menu software, the My Image Garden energy for touching up photos, black and tri-color ink cartridges, and also a quick start poster. The user overview can be installed as a readable documents during the installations, as well as it’s quite large and also really comprehensive. Not consisted of on the install disc is Canon’s Creative Pack Premium. This supplies a wide range of printable crafts and is offered online. The outcome tray lies over the input tray and encompasses capture the published outcome. Straight above this is a door that is pivoted down and also open up to reveal the print head carrier, where you place the black and also tri-color ink cartridges.
The IJ Setup Canon MX492 utilizes just 2 ink cartridges a black cartridge, and a tri-color cartridge with cyan, magenta, and yellow inks. This strategy maintains the production expenses down, yet considerably boosts the operating expense since when one of the shades in the tri-color cartridge runs out, you have to change the cartridge even if the other 2 colors still have available ink. We additionally had a tiny bit of difficulty getting the cartridges correctly installed. They have to be placed at an angle after that clicked upwards right into position. This took us numerous tries prior to we got it right. A portable black rectangular shape measuring 17.2 × 11.7 × 7.5 inches and considering just 13 pounds, the Canon Pixma MX492 supplies no-frills printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. A folding auto document feeder (ADF) holds 20 sheets, and like the printer portion of the gadget, does not duplex scan.
The top of the MX492 is hinged, when raised subjects the glass scan platen. Controls consist of a two-line monochrome LCD and also membrane layer touch switches that offer a numeric keypad, black and white and color begin switches, switches for introducing a scan or copy, a devices switch, as well as left, right, and also house buttons for menu navigating. You don’t get a color LCD or touchscreen for your hundred bucks, however that’s most likely okay. Arrangement these days is a simple matter of getting rid of packing material, setting up ink cartridges and also software, and also informing the set up regular how you intend to link the unit.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Review
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
|Printing Technology||Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE)|
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 4800 x 1200 dpi|
Black: 600 x 600 dpi
|Print Speed||Black: 8.8 ipm|
Color: 4.4 ipm
Borderless 4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm) photo in 70 seconds
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||2 pl|
|Ink Type||Dye: Cyan, magenta, yellow|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||2 individual cartridges|
|Compatible Ink Cartridges||PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge|
PG-245 XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
CL-246 XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 640|
Pigment Black: 1,152
|Print Features||Apple AirPrint, borderless printing, document printing, Full HD Movie Print, special filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, photo printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, quiet mode, wireless printing, access point mode, dual color gamut processing technology|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||Flatbed: 2400 x 1200 dpi|
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi
|Interpolated Resolution||19,200 x 19,200 dpi|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal / 24-bit external|
|Maximum Scan Size||Flatbed: 8.5 x 11.7″ (21.6 x 29.7 cm)|
ADF: 8.5 x 14.0″ (21.6 x 35.6 cm)
|Scanner Features||Auto scan mode, network scan, push scan, PDF password security, send to cloud|
|Copy Speed||Color: 3.6 ipm|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25-400%|
|Copy Features||ADF, auto exposure, borderless, fit-to-page, preset copy ratios, frame erase copy, zoom|
|Modem Speed||33.6 Kbps Super G3 color fax|
|Transmission Speed||Black: 3 seconds per page|
Colo: 1 minute per page
|Group Dials||19 locations|
|Fax Features||Answering machine connectivity, caller rejection, check RX fax info, fax reception reject, fax number re-entry, memory transmission, redial, remote reception|
|Paper Handling||Automatic document feeder|
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 5 x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), 8 x 10″ (20.3 x 25.4 cm), letter, legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Borderless Printing Width||Up to 8.5″ (21.6 cm)|
|Paper Types||Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy, Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster, Matte Photo Paper, U.S. #10 Envelope|
|Paper Capacity||Input Tray: 100 sheets|
ADF: 20 sheets
|Computer Interface||Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)|
|Wireless Printing Features||PIXMA Printing Solutions, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria-certified|
|Direct Print Capable||Yes|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows 8, 8.1, 7, 7 SP1, Vista SP1, Vista SP2, XP SP3 (32-bit)|
Mac OS X 10.7.5-10.10
iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Status Display||Dot-matrix LCD|
|Power Requirements||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions||17.2 x 11.7 x 7.5″ (43.7 x 29.7 x 19.1 cm)|
|Weight||17.2 lb (7.8 kg)|
|Package Weight||16.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||21.5 x 14.5 x 10.0″|
Canon PIXMA MX492 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|PIXMA MX492 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||01.03||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX492 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)||01.01||50 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX492 series MP Drivers (Windows/Vista)||01.02||32 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX492 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||220.127.116.11||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX492 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows/Vista)||0,267361111||18 MB||Download|
|Canon MX492 ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||04.01.03||1.7 MB||Download|
|Canon MX492 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||05.10||515 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||05.10||269 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||05.10||395 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||03.10||236 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||03.10||213 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||03.10||204 KB||Download|
|MX492 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||01.00||15 MB||Download|
|MX492 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||01.00||11 MB||Download|
|MX492 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V1||3.4 MB||Download|
|MX492 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|MX492 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.6 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon MX492 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||03.10||85 KB||Download|
|Canon MX492 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||05.10||72 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX492 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
Canon PIXMA MX492 Installation Manual
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX492
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX492 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX492 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX492 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.