Canon presented the Pixma MX522 at CES 2013 along with the Canon Pixma Fax Support as well as 2 various other office AIOs. The Pixma MX522 is in the center of the brand-new line, supplying print quicken to 9.7 ipm in black as well as 5.5 ipm in shade, 2.5-inch LCD and intelligent touch panel, a print resolution as much as 4800 x 1200 dpi, a 30-sheet simplex ADF and a 100-sheet paper tray. we’ll be taking a hands-on first consider the Pixma MX522 with a run-through on specifications, develop, design, rate and also even more in addition to plently of pictures from our examination laboratory. Learn more concerning the Pixma MX522 as well as make certain you check back soon for the complete review.
The Canon Pixma MX522 offers a 30-sheet automatic paper feeder for scanning, copying or faxing larger work approximately lawful dimension (8.5 x 14 inches) or a 8.5 x 11-inch flatbed single sheet scanner. You can lift up under the control panel to access the two ink cartridges: the PG240 black cartridge and CL241 color ink cartridge. Canon also supplies high capability ink replacements: the PG240XL and also CL241XL. Pull out the front panel to release the output tray as well as 100-sheet input tray. The input tray uses a “one size fits all” approach enabling clients to utilize simple paper, image paper, envelopes and also more.
Manual for canon mx 522 Make use of the built-in copy function to duplicate records as well as images. The photo copier can expand or shrink photos and also documents to anywhere in between 25% and also 400% of the initial size as well as output as much as 99 duplicates each time. Other copy functions include Seamless gutter Shadow Improvement, Borderless Copy, and also Auto Record Deal With. The 33.6 Kbps modem can be made use of to send out as well as obtain both black and white as well as shade faxes. The MX522 consists of 19 speed dial places and also a 50-page memory so you can receive faxes even when the unit is out of paper. Various other fax attributes include Group Dialing, Redial, Remote Function, and also Voice Mail Connectivity.
Canon PIXMA MX522 Review
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
|Copy Speed||Up to 4.7 ipm color|
|Number of Copies||1 to 99|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25 to 400%|
|Copy Features||Auto Document Fix, Copy, Borderless, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Preset Copy Ratios, Sort (ADF)|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Bluetooth 2.0 (optional)
|OS Compatibility||Windows: Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Vista SP1, Vista SP2, XP SP3 32-bit
Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
|Status Display||2.5″ LCD|
|Power Requirements||100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||18.1 x 15.2 x 7.9″ (46.0 x 38.6 x 20.1 cm)|
|Weight||19.0 lb (8.6 kg)|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||20.2 x 18.6 x 11.2″|
Canon PIXMA MX522 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|MX520 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||01.01||37 MB||Download|
|MX520 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||0,253472222||25 MB||Download|
|MX520 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||01.00||44 MB||Download|
|MX520 series CUPS Printer Driver for MacOS 10.13, 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7||22.214.171.124||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver for MacOS 10.13, 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7||4.0.0a||2.4 MB||Download|
|MX520 series Scanner Driver for MacOS 10.13, 10.12, OS X 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6||19.1.0b||27 MB||Download|
|MX520 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8)||01.00||57 MB||Download|
|MX520 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||0,1875||3 MB||Download|
|MX520 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||0,1875||3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||0,1875||6.5 MB||Download|
|MX520 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||02.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|MX520 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||02.10||1.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||02.10||3.5 MB||Download|
|MX520 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||01.00||11 MB||Download|
|MX520 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||01.01||12 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||02.10||469 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||0,1875||74 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX522 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
Canon PIXMA MX522 Installation Manual
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX522
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX522 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX522 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX522 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.