Suitable for the home or office, this black Pixma TR4520 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer from Canon is a versatile printer with the ability of managing a range of needs. The printer utilizes a hybrid ink system with a dye-based shade cartridge as well as a pigment-based black cartridge for a large tonal array. The Auto-Document Feeder can be made use of to make fast prints or duplicates and duplex printing will aid you save money theoretically. Built-in Wi-Fi permits remote printing from your smart phone using solutions like AirPrint or Mopria.
An all-in-one inkjet printer from Canon, with scan as well as copy features, an automatic document feeder, built-in faxing, WiFi networking, and cordless printing with Apple AirPrint and also Google Cloud Print. Functions with Windows as well as macOS. the TR4520’s software bundle contains the adhering to comfort as well as productivity software: Scan Energy for both Windows and also Mac platforms, Scan Energy Lite for Mac, Easy-PhotoPrint Editor, Master Setup, My Printer, and also Quick Menu for simple accessibility to printer applications as well as setups.
Canon rates the TR4520 at 8.8 web pages per min (ppm) for monochrome pages and also 5ppm for shade pages, which are, other than the HP 3830 (8.5 ppm), the lowest print speed ratings I understand of. I examined the TR4520 over USB from our typical Intel Core i5-equipped testbed PC running Windows 10 Expert. The TR4520 published our typical 12-page Microsoft Word examination document at the price of 8.5 ppm. That’s slower than every other entry-level printer discussed right here.
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Review
Canon TR4520 Specs
- With AIRPRINT®, it’s easy to print right from your iPhone®, iPad® and Mac®.
- Print and scan right from your smartphone or tablet with the CANON PRINT APP.
- With a built-in FAX and ADF the TR4520 is ready to work when you are.
- Save up to 50% of your paper costs with AUTO 2-SIDED (DUPLEX) PRINTING.
- HYBRID INK SYSTEM for detailed documents and photos.
- Print beautiful BORDERLESS PHOTOS from 4″x6″ to 8.5″x11″.
- Print Seamlessly from almost any room in the house with Wi-Fi.
- With the MOPRIA® PRiNT SERVICE easily print right from your Android device!
- Multifunction Devices: Copier/Fax/Printer/Scanner
- Recommended Use: Photo Print
- Print Color Capability: Color
- Maximum Photo Print Speed: 70 Second
- Maximum Print Resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Wireless Print Technology: Apple AirPrint, Mopria, Canon Mobile Printing, Google Cloud Print
- Duplex Printing: Automatic
- USB: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Yes
- Display Screen Type: LCD
- Scanner Type: Flatbed
- Scan Color: Color
- Optical Resolution: 600 dpi
- Copier Type: Flatbed
- Copy Color: Color
- Fax Color: Color
- Media Type: Semi-gloss Photo Paper, Pro Luster Photo Paper, Plain Paper, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, High Resolution Paper, Photo Paper, Glossy Paper, Glossy Photo Paper, Matte Photo Paper, Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Envelope
- Media Size: Photo – 4″ x 6″, Legal – 8.50″ x 14″, Letter – 8.50″ x 11″, A4 – 8.30″ x 11.70″, Envelope No. 10, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″
- Media Handling: 1 x Cassette 100 Sheet, 1 x Automatic Document Feeder 20 Sheet
- Standard Input Media Capacity: 100 sheets
- Power Source: AC Supply
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Energy Star: Yes
- Package Contents: PIXMA TR4520 Black Wireless; 4″ x 6″ Photo Paper Sample Pack (3 Sheets GP-701); Setup CD; Set of
- Ink Cartridges (PG-243/CL-244); Power Cord
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Ink Cartridges
- PG-243 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-244 Color Ink Cartridge
Canon PIXMA TR4520 Installations
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA TR4520
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA TR4520 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon TR4520 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA TR4520 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.